Do I qualify
Eligibility and criteria
- We only arrange loans in Euros.
- Available on a Capital & Interest repayment basis
- The maximum loan to value for a purchase is 65%.
- The maximum term of any mortgage is 15 years (to age 75 maximum) however this varies depending on the type of loan.
- The minimum loan amount is €100,000 with no maximum.
- Mortgages can also be obtained for land purchase and stage payments where relevant planning permissions/building licences have been obtained.
To qualify for a mortgage in Portugal a calculation is used to establish whether you can afford to maintain the mortgage repayments. This will automatically happen when you complete our enquiry form and we will not charge you for this service.
Your existing liabilities, including your UK mortgage or rental payments, loans, credit card payments and maintenance are taken into account, together with the proposed Portuguese mortgage payments. All this must not exceed 35% of your joint monthly net income. For example if your joint net income is £2,500, 35% of this equates to £875. If your only liability is your current UK mortgage payment of say £300 per month, this would leave a balance of £575 for your Portuguese mortgage repayment.
The amount that you can borrow is also restricted by the maximum loan to value as mentioned under Eligibility and criteria.
Proof of income requirements
If you are employed:
- Your last three month’s payslips
- Your latest P60 and an employers reference
- Your last six month’s personal bank statements
If you are self-employed:
- Your last two years Audited Accounts and Tax Returns. (some lenders will accept just two years)
- Your last six months personal and business bank statements
Other documents will be required and will be confirmed when application forms are sent to you.